Per usual, my first attempt was indeed quite a flop. While trying get the angle high enough, I ended up pulling the wing across most of my visible lid. Gigantic triangle o'liner. I removed everything and started over again. One thing I will note about the products I used, I'm not sure if it was that I hadn't let enough time pass after using the makeup remover but the gel liner was feathering a bit on me so I had to touch up with liquid liner at the end.
I created the wing somewhat successfully and kept playing around. I extended it into the far inner corner first, later I brought it into the lower lashline inner corner as well. Then I started playing with a lower lash outer wing which I don't recall ever doing before. I think it's a little easier since I wasn't dealing with a big funky crease (or two) in the middle of the line.
Doing looks like this makes you come face to face (quite literally, groan) with the lack of symmetry in your features. The hooding is heavier on my right eye (left here) and the shape of the inner corner is definitely different between the two. It's much more flattering to capture a look like this at an angle in photographs. Straight on, the wing for me does also get a little lost due to my lash length and how much mascara I glopped on.
I used an angled liner brush from Too Faced (came in the Teddy Bear kit) to hopefully make it easier to stamp on the start of the wing instead of drawing it. The liner brush however is extremely thin and isn't terribly easy to use for the rest of the wing. I used a Sigma liner brush to fill in everything else. For the very fine detail work around the inner corner, I used the fine liner brush from the Sigma Performance Eyes kit (Real Techniques also now have a very tiny liner brush that I imagine would work similarly).
Wings aside, I was just playing around. Well I suppose this whole look was playing around, but you know. I didn't have any great plan of where it was going, but once the liner was fleshed out I decided to continue and was pleased enough with the end result to take some pictures and share with you!
- Lancome Gris Fatale - silver on lid, dark gray in crease
- Maybelline EyeStudio in Mythical Mermaid (LE, see Gutsy Green) - yellow on lid and lower lashline
- NYX shadow stick in Milk, applied with liner brush between wing tips and used in waterline
- L'Oreal 24HR Lacquer Liner in Navy
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen - touch up bleeding/feathering gel liner, I'm coming to like this liner more and more
- Urban Decay matte shadow in Shakedown (discontinued) - brows rather sloppily applied
- Guerlain Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator in 01 - under eyes, works well on dry skin without looking like it's sinking into all the lines in my inner corner area
- Benefit They're Real mascara - top lashes
- CoverGirl LashBlast Volume - lower lashes, made a little bit of a mess!
- CARGO blu_ray High Definition pressed powder on skin being photographed, I didn't have any other face makeup on, hence the cropped photos - haha :)