I used the purple shade all over the lid, a little of the taupe in the crease, the sparkly pink on the inner half of the lid and the light matte pink color at my browbone. The shades aren't super pigmented, but feel fairly soft and easy to blend. They look a touch muddy in my pictures, but I had taken these in some awful lighting and did a lot of editing to get them vaguely passable.
I smudged out the Caviar Stick Eye Color in Twilight at the lashline and was surprised at how nicely it worked. The smoky gray taupe really balanced well with the warmer plummy purple. I have found these cream shadows have amazing lasting power - everywhere except in my crease. They will break down even over a primer and crease, for me. Less oily areas though, they are rock solid.
I generously buffed on a good layer of the Mineral Powder in Soft Porcelain over the Foundation Primer, tapped on a light amount of the blush from the palette and topped with the Loose Setting Powder from my Undercover Pot. On the lips, I'm wearing the Lip Glace in Sparkling for an almost-frosty semi-sheer nude.
Laura Mercier products:
- Signature Color Essentials Travel Set: shadows in (L to R in picture above) Kir Royal, Topaz, Primrose, Morning Dew; blush in Vintage Pink
- Foundation Primer
- Caviar Eye Stick in Twilight
- Mineral Powder SPF 15 in Soft Porcelain
- Lip Glace in Sparkling
- Loose Setting Powder (from Undercover Pot UC-1)
- Urban Decay matte shadow in Shakedown (discontinued, brows)
- Anastasia Tinted Brow in Brunette
- No eye primer, I just plain forgot - hah!
- Maybelline Great Lash Curved in Blackest Black
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
- Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray in hopes it'll keep my eye makeup from creasing and eyebrows from breaking down