(video link here)
A little while ago, I was browsing through Lisa Eldridge's videos on youtube and watched her 'No Make-up' Makeup Look again. Most days when I don't wear much makeup, I do smudged out liner with brows filled in and mascara. I hadn't really tried a true "no makeup" look and I was inspired to play around with the idea after watching Lisa pull it off so wonderfully.
This look focuses on getting the skin looking fresh and clear, though the foundation and concealer combination I used isn't the most invisible finish - I wanted the coverage to even my skintone/cover redness/spots. Using a good amount of undereye concealer for brightening also makes quite an impact for me! I have darker freckles around my eye area along with some general darkness/ruddy appearance in spots and I rarely apply undereye concealer so early in the process - I was surprised how much more alive in made me look. Not that I'd stop without filling my brows/adding mascara, of course! ;)
I used a light hand on my brows and blended thoroughly with a spoolie after applying, used an eye primer with a touch of coverage to even out my lids (also a touch of the face powder over the eye primer to prevent the crease color from catching on any sticky spots) and put a tiny bit of a crease color in. I used a lipstick for cheeks and lips and a dusting of powder to cover shine. I also put in the smallest amount of liner in the roots of my lashes (tightline) on top and a little on the outer third of lower lashes, followed up with just a thin layer of mascara.
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in #110
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer in #1
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray lid primer
- Guerlain Precious Light Illuminating Rejuvenator in shade #01
- shu uemura hard formula brow pencil in seal brown
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Cream Light
- Urban Decay shadow in Naked
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Stray Dog
- L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in Fairest Nude
- Maybelline Great Lash in Dark Brown
|Before and After|