(video link here)
I felt like giving my Sigma Performance Eyes Kit another try, I think it was emilynoel83 that mentioned them in a recent video. I had a bad taste in my mouth from the small blending brush (E36) which shed so badly I must have lost 1/4 of the hair. One brush I didn't show in the video which I have enjoyed consistently is the Smudge E21, mine has felt like the highest quality on the Sigma spectrum which does vary. I should say I've also liked the tiny liner brush, E11.
So, in this video I tried out using the shader for the lid (worked better than I remembered), crease brush also performed well, happy with the how the tightline brush worked to stamp on my L'Oreal Infallible gel liner. Overall I don't think the kit is worth the price of the brushes I found really useful. Real Techniques makes a tiny liner brush like this, small smudge brushes aren't that rare, and other flat liner brushes can work for tightlining. Okay, enough brush talk!
So after wearing the L'Oreal Infallible gel liner on my waterline for 12 hours, it was still opaque. The inner corner and very outer corner did smudge out (but I'm not asking for miracles here!). I've never had anything last on my waterline more than a few hours (other than a very faded layer of color at the edge of lashline like MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner 0L will leave). I was quite impressed. I have tried a few other drugstore gel/cream liners on the waterline and did not have this sort of success, I imagine if I tried out a high end gel liner (I don't have any!) I'd have better luck with the good ones.
Overall this whole look wore really well, as I've talked about before these Infallible shadows have excellent staying power and remain vibrant for 12+ hours on me (over primer). I was outside in the cold next to a fire for 4 hours, along with other 8+ hours puttering around inside. Just a little loss of liner in the very wet corners of my eyes!
Let me know if you've used this brush kit, what your favorite simple smoky look is, or just say hi! Thanks for taking the time to visit. :)
- L'Oreal Infallible 24HR shadow in Bottomless Java
- Wet 'N Wild ColorIcon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana
- MAC Crushed Metallic Pigment Stack, gold from Surf, Baby! collection Surf the Ocean stack
- L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24HR in Espresso
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum
- Dior Diorskin Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond
- Revlon Lip Butter in Creamsicle
- Sigma Shader Lid E56 (Performance Eyes kit)
- Sigma Shade Crease E47 (Performance Eyes kit)
- Sigma Tightline Liner E16 (Performance Eyes kit)
- Sigma Tapered Blending E35
- Sigma Tapered Highlighter F35
The brush I mentioned having a horrible shedding problem was Sigma Blending E36 from the Performance Eyes kit.
On the rest of my face:
- Milk of Magnesia as primer (still testing this)
- Sonia Kashuk Bare Minimum Pressed Powder in Translucent Fair
- Laura Mercier Undercover Pot UC-1 - Secret Concealer
- Benefit Powderflage to set concealer
- Urban Decay matte shadow Shakedown (discontinued) for brows
- elf clear brow gel